Thank you for your interest in A Wife’s Secret to Happiness Writing Contest!
- Submission deadline: April 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM
- Voting deadline: April 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM
- All entries (including both fiction and nonfiction) must reflect on the content in the book, A Wife’s Secret to Happiness.
Winners, chosen by popular vote via LinkyTools voting, will each receive one of the following:
- A 15-minute publisher appointment with Leafwood Publishers (2 WINNERS)
- A 15-minute appointment with literary agent Blythe Daniel
- A free copy of the Creative Basics eBook and 30-minute personalized Canva tutorial with social media consultant Crystal Stine
- A 30-minute brainstorming / consulting call with members of the Declare Conference Host Team (2 WINNERS)
- A 30-minute media coaching session from broadcast professional Anita Lustrea on preparing for media interviews (2 WINNERS)
- A professional blog critique including a 30-minute call with blog network manager Stephanie Alton
- A 5-page content editing / critique from multi-published author J.A. Marx
HOW TO ENTER
One entry per person. Please submit on the contest page via the LinkyTools link. Only entries meeting the stated Writing Requirements are eligible for award. The top ten (10) entries with the most votes will be declared winners, with the choice of prizes offered in descending order starting with the entry achieving the highest number of votes.
Writing selections will be made by Jen Weaver, based on subject matter, to be featured on her blog and/or social media.
If you’re so inclined, an Amazon Review or Goodreads Review is not part of this contest but is greatly appreciated.
All entries must:
- Reflect on A Wife’s Secret to Happiness book content.
- Be at least 500 – 700 words in length.
- Be written in English.
- Be original content.
- Be posted on an online blog before the submission deadline.
- Include a link to thejenweaver.com.
- Be shared by the writer on social media including the book hashtag #wifestylin.
- Be linked via LinkyTools on the contest page during the designated contest period. Email or mail entries are not accepted.
- Voting is available to the general public between February 27, 2017 through April 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
- You can vote for as many entries as you like, and can vote multiple times.
10 (ten) writers will be announced as the contest winners the week of May 1, 2017. Winners select prizes in order of votes.
- Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person will be discarded and may be deemed cause for disqualification.
- Only one winner per immediate family unit.
- All winners agree to allow Jen Weaver to use their name and work for promotional purposes.
- Winner has one week to claim their prize. They will be contacted via email. If there is no response the prize will go to the next winner in line.
- Jen Weaver is not responsible for website or LinkyTools malfunctions.
- Jen Weaver is not responsible if expert/consultant/publishing professional is unable to meet due to extenuating circumstances.
- Winners may receive substitution prize if there is an inability of any expert to meet.
- Non-transferable prizes. Prizes have no cash value, expressed or implied.
- Jen Weaver reserves the right to revoke prizes if the winner doesn’t abide by contest rules.
- Jen Weaver may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, may substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. Jen Weaver will not be responsible, or be held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond her control.
- With respect to any disputes regarding contests, decisions made by Jen Weaver will be final.
- Jen Weaver shall not be liable for any claim, injury or damage from any prize rewarded.
- Jen Weaver reserves the right to use all contest entries for reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising.
- All writing linked up may be published on thejenweaver.com at any time.
- Personally identifiable information on individual entrants will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties, but the information may be used by Jen Weaver to add the entrant to thejenweaver.com email list. If the entrant wishes to be removed, he or she may do so by submitting an opt-out request through the link provided on the bottom of the email.
These rules are subject to change without notice.
No purchase is necessary to enter. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law. Subscribe here if you need an excerpt of A Wife’s Secret to Happiness.