Hi Everyone! Today’s post comes to you from up in the air … well … kinda. I’m flying to a speaking engagement at the moment but prepped this content last night while still firmly planted on the ground.
Anyway, seemed fitting to share my latest DIY project with y’all today as we recently finished decorating our Lil’ Man’s nursery with a vintage airplane theme!
Please excuse the lack of bedding—still adding final touches to the room—but I’m really pleased with how it’s turned out so far! 🙂
Since I’m all about sharing fantastic finds and fun projects, here are the details:
- Crib from Buy Buy Baby (I can’t find it on their site anymore but here it is from the manufacturer)
- Glider is the Irvington1 Storytime recliner from Best Chairs Inc.
- Planes are from Hobby Lobby and then spray painted to match the colors of our room. This was actually my second attempt at the planes. The first time I figured I could use acrylic craft paint and it came out too uneven and goopy looking. Spray paint worked much better.
- Rug is Target
- Framed prints are a customized Etsy find from InkSprouts and I found the seller quick and extremely easy to work with! 🙂
- White airplane wall decal is also an Etsy purchase from StickerHog. If you get it, I highly recommend watching their YouTube instructional videos, made the install process so easy.
- Dresser and blue side table are both Ikea
- And finally, the shelves are gutter bookshelves inspired by Pinterest! I love how finished they look and the project was pretty easy to complete. We referenced a few different pins but one tip that wasn’t really highlighted was the value in pre-drilling the holes. Once we did that, they were super easy to put up!
What do you think of our vintage airplane nursery?